Current News USA Today: 13-Year-Old Double Murder Suspect Escapes From Custody In North Carolina

Latest News USA Today: North Carolina 13-Year-Old Double Murder Suspect Escapes

A 13-year-old double murder suspect, Jericho W., from North Carolina, has escaped from the custody of regional social services.

According to NBC News report, the teen escaped from custody while wearing leg restraints and no shoes. Jericho W. was in court earlier that day facing two counts of first-degree murder and additional charges related to robbery with a dangerous weapon, The Robeson County Sheriff’s Office says.

North Carolina 13-Year-Old Double Murder Suspect Escapes

“The juvenile was in custody of the NC Department of Public Safety Transport Team,” a Robeson County Sheriff’s Office rep said on Facebook Tuesday. “We currently have helicopters from the Bladen County Sheriff’s Office, Brunswick County Sheriff’s Office, US Marshals from Wilmington and Fayetteville, Lumberton Police, and Sheriff’s deputies are searching for him. The Robeson District Attorney’s Office has been on hand as well.”

 

 

The rep also noted that NC General Statute 7B-3106 determines “how and when” such information releases can be handled when juveniles are involved. He gav this as reason while explaining the delay in releasing a photograph for public identification.

 

 

It’s gathered that Jericho had been in custody since Oct. 14. Within that same month, Jericho and Derrick Deshawn Hunt, 19, were charged in the murders of 34-year-old Frank Thomas and 33-year-old Adam Thomas, regional outlet News & Observer reported.

Click Amebo Book for all the current news USA today!

USA Today Latest News: North Carolina 13-Year-Old Double Murder Suspect Escapes

Login

Welcome! Login in to your account

Remember me Lost your password?

Lost Password