Natural Remedies Acne – Here’s How To Get Rid Of Them
Natural Remedies Acne – Here’s How To Get Rid Of Them
If you have pimples, there is no need to panic.This skin condition affects not only young people, but even the matured ones. Thankfully, there are natural remedies to get rid of acne without side effect. You can also use the home remedies below to free yourself overnight from all discomfort from acne. Let me start by giving you an acne definition.
What is acne?
Acne is a skin condition in which red, inflamed pimples and non inflamed pimplesappear on the skin.This is as a result of hormones which cause the oilglands of the skin to enlarge and produce clogging of the gland and hair folicle to which it is attached.Acne may affect not just the face but also the chest, back and neck. These skin areas have the most oil glands.
What are the symptoms of acne?
There are several symptoms of acne.Some of these are;
* Blackheads/white heads (below the skin surface)
* Dry and itchy skin
* Pimples- has red spots,no pus,none inflammatory acne
* Cysts this is pus filled under skin tissue,its painful
* Nodules large,firm lumps under the skin
* Pustules ( this are pus filled , yellowish lumps on the skin surface
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO
* Be on diet rich in vitamin A and E
* Drink alot of water daily. Atleast ten glasses of water
* Try as much as possible to keep hair off your face
* Its adviceable to take more fresh fruits.Pears, apples, grapes etc
* Wash the affected areas atleast twice daily with non-oily perfume soap.Use mild soap,use lukewarm water
* Pay particular attention on taking vegetables, whole grain cereals. Millet and brown rice are also encouraged
WHAT YOU SHOULD NOT DO
* Please try and avoid pressing or squeezing of the pimples
* Do not use oily cream or cosmetics
* Stay away from starchy meals,strong tea, coffee, processed food
* Soft drinks, icecream, products made of white flour and sugar should also be avoided
* It may appear very challenging to abide by this donts, but it can be done. You need alot of self discipline. Also try and avoid looking at the mirror always as you may loose patience and begin to rub the acne affected parts.
There are several remedies to combat acne. Some of these are:
* Use of lemon and Cinnamon: Mix a tea spoon of lemon juice in well grounded cinnamon powder. Apply this all over the acne affected area.
* Orange peel: Grind orange peel with some water.This will turn into a paste, then use this paste to apply all over the acne infected parts.
* Use of honey and cinnamon: Mix a combination of three tablespoon of honey with a teaspoon of cinnamon powder. Apply this paste on the acne just before going to bed and rinse off in the morning with warm water. Go through this routine for two weeks atleast and marvel at the outcome as this removes acne from the root.
* Potato: it is encouraged to apply the raw juice of potato in order to clear skin blemishes. Cleansing will result from the high content of sulphur, phosphorus, potassium and chlorine found in potato.
* Coriander: make a mixture of one teaspoon or two of coriander juice with just a pinch of tumeric powder. Wash your face well with warm water every night before going to sleep and apply this mixture.
* Use ice: ice has more use than just applying on sprained ankle. Ice can be used as a home remedy to get rid of acne. It reduces the swelling. Wrap up some ice in a clean cloth and hold on the pimple for about a minute. This will force bacteria out and close your pores. Washing your face with cold water is just as useful.
* Use egg whites: egg white is an effective remedy in the treatment of acne. Remove the egg white from the yolk, gently marsh the egg white into a paste. When this is done apply as facial mask. Leave this on for almost twenty minutes. Note that within this time, your face tightens because of the mask so do not be worried. It will reduce the oil and extract impurities.
* Garlic: We already know the importance of garlic when taken down as food. Garlic is also useful in the treatment of acne. Slice thinly a clove of garlic,crush the garlic and apply a little water till it turns into a paste. Rub it gently on affected areas also applying the juice of the garlic. Leave this on from anytime within 20- 30 minutes then wash.
* Honey: dab some honey on affected areas or use honey as facial mask. Use raw organic honey as it aids in healing due to its high antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties.
* Toothpaste: use the white type of toothpaste. This is because the white toothpaste has baking soda and hydrogen peroxide. These are necessary ingredients that help heal acne. Please do not overuse this method as people with sensitive skin types may develop skin rash.
Please note that skin types vary and therfore react to certain types of remedies. Please confirm first what your body reacts to.
Have you tried any of these home remedies in treating acne?
Do you have other solutions to treat acne?
Lets have your natural home remedies to treat acne in the comments section.
Click Amebo Book for more health news including topics on natural remedies for acne.
Natural Remedies Acne – Here Are 10 Ways To Get Rid Of Them Effortlessly
Chike Ezegbu6412 Posts
Chike Ezegbu is a blogger with an Information Technology background. He is a prolific writer and is fearless in his approach to dishing out information while maintaining high professionalism. He is regarded as both a lover and a fighter.