Weight Loss After 40 PLUS — Here’s The Easy-peasy Way To Get Through This
Stay Healthy With Weight Loss After 40
Have you noticed that while younger, shedding weight was easy-peasy? As you get older, it becomes more difficult to lose weight and in fact, the slightest food you eat seems to make your stomach, arms, legs bigger as your body begins to store fat. You are not alone in this especially if you have hit the big 40.
This article is intended for weight loss after 40. So read on and at the end, share your thoughts/experiences with us.
1. TRY EATING FRUITS, VEGETABLES: Personally, this one is my mum’s favourite. My siblings and I hated vegetables while growing up and would rather stuff our bellies with the unthinkable. Fries, cheeseburgers and some ice cream just for a meal. Then, it was easier for us as kids to burn all the fat because we used to run around playing. Today, it’s different. Fruits such as apples, bananas, grapefruits, pears have replaced all the fatty food and sugar-coated deserts. Vegetables such as spinach, greens, broccoli are also essential.
2. DO NOT EAT HEAVILY AT NIGHT: Whether it’s myth or not, eating heavily at night adds to your weight gain. Nutrition expert Adele Davis wasn’t joking when she adviced to “eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a pauper.” The truth is during the day, you tend to burn fat more as you go about your duties. Despite this, the weight loss researchers insist a calorie is a calorie despite the time the food is eaten.
The U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Weight Control Information Network states that, “it does not matter what time of day you eat. It is what and how much you eat and how much physical activity you do during the whole day that determines whether you gain, lose, or maintain your weight.”
Therefore, the safest way is to eat very light at night
3. DO NOT LET MOMENTS OF DEPRESSION BREAK YOU INTO EATING UNHEALTHY: We all have feelings and sometimes, we suffer depression due to personal reasons. Troubled marriage, job insecurity are known ways to make you seek refuge in fatty and unhealthy meeals.
Pay attention also when watching over the kids as you could easily become very hungry after so much activities with your children.
4. HAVE YOU THOUGHT OF DUMPING TEA, COFFEE, SOFT DRINKS? If you are thinking weight loss after 40, then you have to replace these sugar-sweetened drinks with water or zero-calorie beverage or risk not only added weight, but diabetes. So lay off soda!
5. EXERCISE IS DEFINITELY NEEDED: If you want weight loss after 40, you can no longer shy away from exercise. You will have to walk around more often. At least 3 hours of moving your feet around your estate or any safe place where you won’t get knocked down by a vehicle. You can be rest assured that after a couple of months, you will begin to feel as fit as a fiddle.
6. YOU WILL HAVE TO BUILD YOUR MUSCLE: Women in particular tend to lose muscle after 40. This usually happens after menopause. You already know that muscle helps burn calories and so when it’s gone, the fat begins to store up. As for the men, they begin to develop man boobs which doesn’t necessarily look like a basket of fruits. You may have to test your resolve to drop weight by engaging in Full Body Training routine. Make sure you get a training expert to put you through.
7. YOUR THYROID IS PROBABLY KILLING YOUR METABOLISM: As we get older, low thyroid becomes common hence slowing down our metabolism. This makes us exhausted and unable to burn off the carbohydrate we eat.
To get around this, you will have to eat certain foods to help improve the effectiveness of your metabolism. Apples, seaweed, avocado, chicken, kola nut tea, gsrlic, yogurt, salmon, whole grains, green tea, eggs and olive oil.
Deepak Chopra says “It is never too late to begin creating the bodies we want, instead of the ones we mistakenly assume we are stuck with.”
Kindly share this article to friends and family to help those struggling. Weight loss after 40 shouldn’t be made to appear like a nightmare.
Click Amebo Book for more stuff.
Weight Loss After 40 Is Achievable Through This Means
Chike Ezegbu5032 Posts
Chike Ezegbu is a blogger with an Information Technology background. He is a prolific writer and is fearless in his approach to dishing out information while maintaining high professionalism. He is regarded as both a lover and a fighter.